Monday, February 3, 2014
Recent Swap Acquisitions, February Lemmings Board, and a FOTD
Hurrah for swapping! I got plenty of great extras with my most recent swaps, including these little travel packets of Shiseido Facial Cottons (they must be from GWPs; they're adorable!) and more Anastasia Clear Brow Gel--I'm never going to run out of this stuff, now that I've received 4 mini tubes as swap extras, and I shan't complain about that! I'll try out the Givenchy foundation and get back to you with you a review.
I told my mother I'd help her pick out some prizes for my sister's wedding shower, so we spent the day roaming around town and grocery shopping. Then she was kind enough to make us French Toast with pure maple syrup. Yum! And my Hourglass liquid lipstick lasted all day...and got me some compliments from small children in the grocery store. ;)
By the way: I've recently realized that I keep forgetting to list that brow gel in my FOTD breakdowns. Believe me, it's there most of the time!
BASE: MAC Strobe Cream, MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation in 50 Ivory, Skindinavia Setting Spray
EYES: Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, MAC eyeshadow in Wedge, L'oreal Voluminous mascara, Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
CHEEKS: RMS Beauty Living Luminizer, Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon
LIPS: NYX lipliner in Auburn, Hourglass Opaque Liquid Rouge in Icon
I've also decided to include this new feature: Lemmings Boards, aka, lists of things I should not buy, but really want to buy! I think this will help me with my current No/Low Buy--getting all of the porn out in the open, that is.
1. Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Illuminating Lotion, $52 at Beautylish -- The only reason I got rid of my KA Candlelight powder was because it was a powder, and I really need to use liquids and gels on my skin. WELP. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.
2. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Zinfandel, $24 at Sephora -- One of my new favorite lipstick formulations. Clearly, my collection is missing a bright orange-coral shade. Right? Right?! (Back me up here!)
3. Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Epatant, $36 at Nordstrom -- I absolutely love this IdO shade, and how quick-and-easy these are to use if you're Eyeshadow Stupid like I am. The only thing I don't love is how quickly they dry up--in less than 2 years--which makes it a difficult product to swap for. I really should just stick with my pot of Illusoire, but Epatant? That's signature Chanel.
4. Chantecaille Future Skin foundation in Porcelain, $73 at Nordstrom -- Could I ever justify a foundation that's this expensive? Absolutely not. Does it change the fact that I wish I made boat loads of money and could afford to give it a test? Nope! I blame Holliday Grainger.
5. Kevyn Aucoin The Fleshtone Lip Pencil in Medium, $24 at Beautylish -- I get that this isn't a particularly unique shade, and it's probably a little dark for me. But it was THE lipliner of the 90s, and we all know how weak I am for Kevyn Aucoin products.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll, $30 at Sephora -- I will never be able to justify a $30 mascara, especially one with such a long, pretentious name. But yeah, it looks pretty!