Wednesday, June 4, 2014
5 Ways to Use Chanel Fantasme
The Chanel Illusion d'Ombres are much-loved, particularly on this blog. But there's an oddball, much-maligned member of the group: Fantasme. The fact that it has a clear base and not-so-fine glitter makes it one of the least loved IdOs out there. However, I find it to be quite multi-purpose; you just have to be open to a little shimmer. Here are 5 ways I use Chanel Fantasme.
1. I tap it on top of my eyeshadow. The clear base means that Fantasme is basically suspended glitter, which is great for adding sparkle to eye looks, especially since I'm not huge on sparkly powder eyeshadows. I get the teeniest amount on my finger, then tap it across my lid. There will be fallout, so save this for night, and consider using some clear tape to pluck extra shimmer particles off of your skin.
2. Use it as an accent liner. I rarely put heavy eye makeup on the lower part of my eyes because it's not attractive to me. But if I want a glimpse of glitter without coating my eyelid in it, I'll use a thin angled brush to apply a line of Fantasme to the outer corner of my lower lash line. Think of it like the shadow of my cat eyeliner flick, just sparkly!
3. Tap it on to your lips, then add a layer of clear gloss. This is a bit much for me, but I know a few drag queens and highly-painted ladies who love the added dimension!
4. If you're REALLY in to an over-the-top look, try it as a highlighter. I rarely want that much noticeable shimmer on my cheeks, but for parties? It's absolutely adorable. This trick is best avoided by those with large pores, but if you don't have that problem, it can make you look like quite the pixie. Used super-sparingly, it's quite lovely in photographs; my friend wore it on his cheeks to his sister's wedding and it photographed like a dream.
5. Swipe it on your ear lobes in place of earrings--my favorite! I rarely wear jewelry (I lose it and it's uncomfortable to sleep in), so when a Chanel Sales Associate dusted some Fantasme on my friend's earlobes, I totally took notice. It may not be for everybody, but I think it's a chic and adorable way to add some shimmer to your face!