It's not Halloween yet, but I've made excellent progress on these products and I'm ready to move on to my next project. I'm actually surprised by how well I did with Finish 13 by Halloween; I completed roughly half of my products and made dents in several others. Here's how it all turned out:
What I Finished:
1. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon
2. Maybelline Dream Lumi Pen in Radiant
3. Isehan Sunkiller Perfect Strong Moisture SPF50 Sunscreen
4. Milk Ubame Mascara
5. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (4ml)
6. St. Ives Apricot Scrub
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel
8. Bare Minerals Sheer Sun
What I Dented:
First, I realized that I would have a better time photographing my progress on these potted products if I worked on one side. Sure enough, check out that glass bottom on my Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm! I'd say this tub of balm is about 75% done. I'm going to keep working on it until the end of the year. I've also used up about an inch and a half of my Milk Makeup Gel Brow in Pilsner (that's a big deal for me!).
What Wasn't Successful:
Glossier unexpectedly updated the formula of their Generation G lipsticks, so I decided to go ahead and buy a new tube of Jam. Hence, my old tube--the one I had out for this challenge--was purged. The YSL Creme de Blush in Babydoll didn't get used as much as I would've liked, especially after the first half of this challenge. And I barely touched my PK Perfumes Gold Leather perfume; I was too distracted by the Paper Bag Challenge.
Speaking of which, check out my Paper Bag Challenge progress!
I've already gotten rid of over half of my sample vials of perfume! I'm so excited. :3
Annnnyway, let's talk about my next challenge! I've decided to continue panning with something I'll call The Twelve Pans of Christmas. I highly doubt that name is original to this blog, but I know end-of-the-year panning challenges are extremely popular; I think everybody compensates for the commercial gluttony of the winter holidays.
- Makeup Forever Excessive Lash Mascara -- Yes, another mascara sample! I'm bad about hoarding these. I really like this mascara, though it can flake a bit; it provides plenty of volume and the super thin brush makes it easy to apply.
- Milani Liquid Eyes Pencil in Black -- This is my favorite eyeliner pencil, actually. I just want to finish this one up because it's getting a tad old.
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Velvet -- Velvet is a beautiful bright pink shade, and while that may seem like an odd choice for a winter challenge, I think it's an instant brightener. But Bite's food-grade formulas are supposedly quick to spoil, so I'd like to use at least half of this lipstick before the year is out.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel -- It's back! Let's see how far I can get before Christmas.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper -- I have no need for two black liquid eyeliners, and I do slightly prefer my Physician's Formula Lash Booster. Actually, I'm wondering if I can finish up both of my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner deluxe samples, but I don't want to commit just yet.
- any perfume sample -- Yeah, you're reading that correctly. Despite getting rid of tons of less loved samples, my collection is still too big for my personal comfort. If I could finish even one sample vial, I'd feel like I was getting good use out of my perfumes whilst finding new favorites and downsizing.
- Colourpop Brow Pencil in Bangin' Brunette -- Ugh, I wish these pencils were retractable so I could record my progress. Regardless, it's a very thin tube of product; finishing it entirely is not out of the realm of possibility!
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in Basic Red -- This is my favorite true red lipliner at the moment. I'm more interested in seeing how much progress I make on this pencil versus finishing it entirely.
- any 5 sample packets -- I'm sampled out for the rest of the year, especially now that I have my Beautified You bags. It's definitely time to work through the hoard!
10. Goldbond Ultimate Skin Therapy Cream, Restoring Formula -- An enthusiastic testimonial from a complete stranger suckered me in to impulse buying this lotion over my original choice (Vani-Cream). And I'm paying for it: yes, I wake up with soft, supple skin, but this Gold Bond shit reeks. It's also sort of sticky and uncomfortable when you first apply it. I'm about a third of the way through the tube and I can't wait to be done with it.
11. Glossier Coconut Balm Dot Com -- I really enjoy this balm's light scent and slight sweetness. Alongside the Cherry flavor, it's probably the only Balm Dot Com I would repurchase. I've been tossing one of these balms in to my purse every day so I can reapply at work. (I'm finding that the scented Balm Dot Com is more comfortable on my lips that the original formula--is anybody else experiencing that?)
12. Ouai Wave Spray -- This will most likely be the hardest product for me to finish. It's not that it's bad, it's that I'm bad. I only use an anti-frizz product on my freshly-washed hair, and I usually pull my second-day hair up in some sort of style. I'll have to figure out how to work this in to some of my every day styles.
How did your Finish 13 project go? Are you planning any more project pans or beauty challenges?